FORUMS: list search recent posts

New iMac 2.5 with Lion (and Rosetta installed) won't recognize FC 7 install disc

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregg Loughridge
New iMac 2.5 with Lion (and Rosetta installed) won't recognize FC 7 install disc
on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:37:51 pm

Folks

Just bought an iMac 2.5 with Lion pre-installed. Ported all software and settings over from my Macbook Pro using Migration Assistant, did the java upgrade and all seems working. It even brought over my version of Final Cut Studio 2 which also seems to be working. But just to be safe, I bought an upgrade to FC 7 because it's suppose to work better with Lion. My new iMac however (mid 2011 model, never shipped with a disc) won't recognize the FC7 upgrade install disc (v 7.03) even though I've installed Rosetta from my old copy of Snow Leopard.

Any ideas about this and do I even need FC 7 if FC6 seems to be working?
The only thing I can think of doing is to install FC 7 to my Old Macbook Pro, over my old version of FC 6,
then do a clean install on my new machine and import it all again.

Gregg

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: New iMac 2.5 with Lion (and Rosetta installed) won't recognize FC 7 install disc
on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:37:00 am

Lion does not support Rosetta.

FCP 7 does not require Rosetta to be installed.

FCP 6 requires Rosetta to be installed, but not to run. Apparently the installer required rosetta.

Since you have the 7 upgrade, you should install Lion from scratch. Then install FCS Studio 3. It will ask for your original serial.

That's how it should work.

Return to posts index

Gregg Loughridge
Re: New iMac 2.5 with Lion (and Rosetta installed) won't recognize FC 7 install disc
on Sep 11, 2012 at 6:02:36 am

Thanks for the note.
When I insert the FCP 7 upgrade discs in my new iMac, the install icon is greyed out.
That doesn't happen with even my FC6 discs. But when I put the FC 7 discs in my old Macbook Pro, running Snow Leopard - the install icon is active. So that's the issue.
If this upgrade is made for Lion, I don't understand why it won't recognize the FC 7 install disc.

So you are saying if I do a clean install, it will work? I'll give it a shot. I just hope I won't need a version of FC 6 on my computer for the upgrade.

gregg

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 11, 2012 at 6:27:35 am

If you can't install FCS 3 on Lion, then something is awry with that system. Perhaps trying to put Rosetta on there was what did it.

You don't need your FCS 2 discs. Just the original serial. However, there's no Live Type on FCS 3. If you're still using LiveType, well, get over it. :)

Return to posts index

Dave Farrants
on Sep 11, 2012 at 11:47:50 am

Livetype works fine on Lion, either drag the .pkg off the FCP6 disks or use Pacifist. Had to work it out when I upgraded to 7 then had some LT titles from an older project to change.

Web - http://www.foxvideo.co.uk
Blog - http://foxvidpro.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]