FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Burning Problem, tried doing what it says on here but no luck

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michelle Orpe
DVD Burning Problem, tried doing what it says on here but no luck
on Sep 10, 2012 at 6:57:40 pm

Hi I have a problem and I was going to outsouce getting my DVD's done but there is no where in my area so I need to try and work it out myself but it is confusing me, can anyone help.

I have made a wedding movie for a friend. I filmed on a Sony V1E and a Sony CX250. I log and transfered the CX250 footage and log and captured the V1E footage. It all comes in as Apple Proress 422 1440x1080. Here is my workflow:

Edit in prores 1440x1080

Export using quicktime self contained

End up with a quicktime file of 56gb

Open with Compressor and compress using DVD best 90mins (film is 60mins long)

Then dop the 2 compressed files into DVDSP

Build and Burn

I had a problem before with the DVD not playing on bluray players so I researched and it told me to delete the TS audio and video files made while burning before I try and burn a second one so I did this and that worked. But this time round none of the DVD's are working properly. My friend is trying to watch them on a playstation or on her PC and all 3 DVD's I burned are crashing or juttering at some point.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.... :-( it's driving me insane.

Also for now she wants it as a file on a USB in as good a quality as I can get to her. How do I get my 56GB file onto a USB for her, do I have to use MPEGSTREAMCLIP to make a MP4 or something. Is there anyway I can make the file smaller to put onto USB but keep the HD quality or do I have to change it to SD?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much

Michelle

Michelle Orpe
http://www.michelleorpe.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: DVD Burning Problem, tried doing what it says on here but no luck
on Sep 11, 2012 at 4:51:21 pm

[Michelle Orpe] "How do I get my 56GB file onto a USB for her, do I have to use MPEGSTREAMCLIP to make a MP4 or something."

Or something. You can get fairly reasonable results using the default "AppleTV" setting in Compressor -- if you are clever with the bitrate, you can get away with around a 2GB file, albeit at 1280x720, which is still technically HD. It will be an H264-codec file, and should still look pretty good. It will look fantastic on a small screen like an iPhone or iPad.

I rarely use DVDSP anymore, (doesn't support BluRay), but have always made m2v and ac3 files before authoring DVDs -- can't bring myself to trust DVDSP to do it right since very few other Apple-original software seems to be able to accomplish these tasks correctly.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Michelle Orpe
Re: DVD Burning Problem, tried doing what it says on here but no luck
on Sep 13, 2012 at 4:01:23 pm

Thanks Joseph. Yea I compress everything in compressor first. The smaller file I have is 16gb and I have used compressor using the H.264 preset and that has created a 4gb file which is much better, but the bigger project is 56gb so that will still be quite large I guess. She wants the footage in the best quality possible for me to send her on a USB so she can always have it and make DVD's and things in the future and upload it to youtube and places as well.

I figured it would just be a master copy of thier wedding on a USB for them, but 56 gb is way too large to send lol

Michelle Orpe
http://www.michelleorpe.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]