FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV Pal Anamorphic - EDIT - Web

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Wilson
DV Pal Anamorphic - EDIT - Web
on Sep 10, 2012 at 5:19:16 pm

I have never quite figured out exctly what the best route to take here is.

I have shot my footage DV Pal Anamorphic with a Canon XM2. I want to edit it, add titles and graphics etc. Then finally I would like to send it to YouTube.

I am working with Final Cut.

I know there is a change from interlaced to progressive at some point, but I am just unsure of when and how. What exactly is the best way to do this in regards to sequence settings, when/how to add the titles/graphics and export settings.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: DV Pal Anamorphic - EDIT - Web
on Sep 10, 2012 at 6:06:44 pm

Edit your video as usual, when when you think is ready to export, duplicate your sequence.
In the new sequence 9sequence settings), change field oder NONE (Progressive), and add a de-interlacer filter to all the DV footage on the time-line.
then export by QT Conversion (H264, Key-Frames AUTO, Multipass and the data-rate you want. 1000Kbps should be OK). Set size 1024x576, and Audio AAC.
If you are bringing graphics from other application, make them Progressive.
That should work.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shawn Hyper
on Sep 11, 2012 at 3:24:42 am

Just have another question.

The raw materials are progressive, such as rendered 3D animation, after editing completed, the progressive sequence will be exported to a interlaced format, such as Digi Beta or even DV codec. Does the whole sequence need to be interlaced first? It seems that there's no such need, is it right?

Thanks in advance.

Too Many Standards = No Standard = Chaos
FCP7, Mac OSX 10.7.4, BMD Multibridge Extreme
Pro Tools HD 1 v 8.1cs1

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 11, 2012 at 9:02:17 am

If you are exporting to DigiBeta or DV, you would be better not to de-interlace the footage neither the sequence to be progressive. The video will look smoother.
The progressive graphics will work OK on an interlaced or progressive sequence.
But if the final delivery is interlaced, Interlaced graphics will also look smoother.
You have to decide what is more important, the YouTube (Progressive) movie or the Interlaced one.
If is the Interlaced, make everything interlaced.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]