FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing the speed of a clip without corrupting closed caption

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob deLeeuw
Changing the speed of a clip without corrupting closed caption
on Sep 10, 2012 at 3:14:34 pm

I have to eliminate 8 seconds from a half hour tv show. I have cut and trimmed down every area that I can find but its not enough. I don't have the original masters so the audio has been mixed down to two tracks which makes it difficult to manipulate. One solution I want to explore is speeding up the entire show and offsetting the pitch so it sounds normal, but this really messes with the captioning. I am hoping that there is a way or a pluggin that will allow me to speed up the entire project without affecting the trigger points of the caption file. Ot if someone has another suggestion, I'm all ears.

The show is SD 29.97 off a D-Beta. Drop -Frame. 720x486. Caption is embedded on video on line 21.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: Changing the speed of a clip without corrupting closed caption
on Sep 10, 2012 at 4:05:17 pm

You could maybe acelarate the credits.

Return to posts index

Rob deLeeuw
on Sep 10, 2012 at 4:27:03 pm

Did that, I took a 20 second credit sequence and cut it to 7 seconds, no one will actually be able to read the credits but...

I should have been more clear. Trimmed and sped up everything I could think of and still have 8 seconds more to remove.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Sep 10, 2012 at 6:43:41 pm

[Rob deLeeuw] "I am hoping that there is a way or a pluggin that will allow me to speed up the entire project without affecting the trigger points of the caption file."

No way.

It will have to be re-time stamped. Even if you recorded the Line 21, when sped up it will be missing frames and will corrupt the hexadecimal coding.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]