FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's the best voice effect to use for people who are speaking outdoors?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mollie Fitzgerald
What's the best voice effect to use for people who are speaking outdoors?
on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:04:32 am

Hi,
I'm trying to find out what the best way is to make ADR sound authentic while two people are speaking outside. Does anyone know? Basically, we had to ADR the scene and I want their voices to sound natural outside. I've added in the background sounds of the outdoors, but their voices still sound like they are in a sound booth.

I'm new here, so if this question has already been asked and answered, please feel free to redirect me.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: What's the best voice effect to use for people who are speaking outdoors?
on Sep 10, 2012 at 4:47:32 pm

The obvious answer is to record them outside. Or consider what "outside" means, in acoustic terms. There will be no reverb, for example. And sounds will have a sharper fall-off in certain frequencies, less bass, I think maybe. A more thickly-carpeted booth may help with all that. You can also try plug-ins in garage band or soundtrack pro to play with the overall acoustic environment.

Return to posts index

Mollie Fitzgerald
Re: What's the best voice effect to use for people who are speaking outdoors?
on Sep 10, 2012 at 10:51:49 pm

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I can't get my actors back for this to do it outside again (no budget film). We'll have to do what we can with what we have, which may be going back to the original sound. Regardless, thanks again for your response. I'll see if soundtrack pro can help, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]