FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7: My Capture Scratch Video now has an -v and moved audio as -a files in an Audio Capture Scratch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Sanchez
FCP7: My Capture Scratch Video now has an -v and moved audio as -a files in an Audio Capture Scratch
on Sep 9, 2012 at 3:21:17 am

I originally Capture Scratch a video in two parts F101 and F102.
Plays fine video & audio in my timeline but something strange has occurred ..

Somehow the audio got moved to a Audio Capture Scratch Folder that now has F101-a and F102-a This is a new folder that was not there before. In my Capture Scratch now has only the video portions named: F101-v and F102-v.

I was using soundtrack Pro to eliminate pops. But the sent file's audio
became out of sync with the video. I went to my Autosave Vault to restore a prior version. I save that under a new project name. Not sure whether these sequence of events caused the problem.

My question is how do I re-combine the -v and the -a files so that my Source files are back? Right now my timeline play the video but no sound. Because the sound got moved to the Audio Scratch Folder.

any insights would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP7: My Capture Scratch Video now has an -v and moved audio as -a files in an Audio Capture Scratch
on Sep 9, 2012 at 10:20:41 am

Whap!!
Never heard of that behave. Funny things similar happens when capturing to USB HDs.
How to put video and audio together in the same file?
- Open with QT Player the Video file.
- Dont play the Video file so the Play head remains in the beginning.
- Open the Audio File and: Cmd-A (Select All) them Cmd-C (Copy).
- Click the Video File and go to the Edit Menu > Add to file.
Check that audio is on sync and "Save as Self contained".
That should works.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Will Sanchez
Re: FCP7: My Capture Scratch Video now has an -v and moved audio as -a files in an Audio Capture Scratch
on Sep 9, 2012 at 4:06:48 pm

Yes, using QT7 did what you said exactly.
It didn't solve my problem in that what I really needed was to reconnect to my original source files. FCP did not recognize the QT file as original because attributes were changed.

But I persisted and was able to reconnect the media .. all I had to do as to point back to the -v & the -a files and FCP7 reconnected - a relief as I has about two hours of edits and they were not lost.

The problem did not occur with the 'log & capture' that I had done many times before. The split in this case was somehow done by STP. If I ever get the chance I'll try to duplicate it.

Good tip on using QT7!
I also discovered you can use Mpeg Streamclip to combine them. Simply highlight the two files [the -v and the -a] and open with Streamclip and was perfectly synched. You could also simply drop the two files in a new timeline sequence and FCP would replay them fine. But again the problem was in reconnecting to these versions FCP was unhappy that reel, rate [?] [and something about not enough media message] were changed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]