FORUMS: list search recent posts

fcp 6 distortion & pixelation issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patricia DeFatta
fcp 6 distortion & pixelation issues
on Sep 8, 2012 at 10:57:47 pm

Hi Creative Cow Community,
Hopeful this forum can help me with a major fcp 6 issue. I am currently experiencing pixelation and distortion when rendering my timeline. I have made no changes to settings, etc. I started a new project, timeline, etc. but no change problem still occurring. I even trashed my preferences and reinstalled fcp 6 software but no change, pixelation and distortion still appearing. Oddly when I play previous projects that have been rendered, they play fine.
It doesn't matter if its video or jpeg images, when rendering I get the color pinwheel and the rendering is very slow. I am working on Mac G5 Power PC, 2.5GB memory, 16GB ram. I do not have other programs running in the background, so what could be causing this problem and how can I correct it?

Greatly appreciate any suggestions since I am not sure what to do next.
Thanks all!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: fcp 6 distortion & pixelation issues
on Sep 9, 2012 at 3:21:02 am

What kind of footage?
Which sequence settings?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 9, 2012 at 1:18:29 pm

the footage is from dvcam (it plays back fine and I pulled it from an older project which plays fine) so I don't believe its the video.

still images are jpeg's but I also converted / sized them in photoshop.

I have trashed all render files, but still getting pixelation, any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.
thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 9, 2012 at 2:42:07 pm

DV is horrible for rendering.
Change the sequence codec for Prores.
rafael

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 9, 2012 at 3:26:11 pm

Hi Rafael,
Just did that and restarted but no change, still pixelation. Oddly my old projects play fine. Could this be a hardware issue? If so, what?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 9, 2012 at 3:49:57 pm

i don't think is nothing related with the hardware. With hardware issues, things go or don't go, but normally do not make funny things on rendering.
can you post a shot of your sequence settings, and the Video processing window?
rafael

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 9, 2012 at 4:10:31 pm

Ok Rafael, here's what I've got. Also here is a pic of what I am getting. thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 10, 2012 at 3:13:42 am

Hi Patricia,
That's not just pixelation, that a huge corruption.
There is really something wrong going on there.
Your sequence setting are correct.

One more question; Are your JPEG RGB and no CMYK?

Suggestion:
Open a new sequence, set Prores as the sequence codec and "Render all YUV in High Precision".
then make some graphics like a solid color background and some titles on top, and export.
See what happens.
rafael

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 10, 2012 at 3:31:39 am

Hi Rafael,
Thanks for hanging in here with me regarding this issue.

The Jpegs are RGB

Just tried your suggestion and got the same results. Not sure what to do next? Is this even fixable?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 10, 2012 at 4:14:32 am

Patricia,
There is something rotten in the rendering pipeline. If you would be having problems when displaying other things, i would say that could be a problem with your graphic card, but is not the case.
Neither I can suggest you to re-install or trashing preffs because you have already done it.
Two more suggestions:
- Go to the Final Cut Render Folder and delete the "Constant Frames".
- Reapair permissions.
rafael

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:36:08 pm

Hi Rafael,

I think you might have struck gold! I trashed the constant frames and did a quick sequence and no pixelations. Couldn't spend too much time on it this morning, so hopefully this is the real fix, had to run off to work (as an Avid Editor). I will work with it later this evening. I will keep you posted.

I can't THANK YOU enough for ALL your help with this issue.

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 11, 2012 at 12:57:56 am

Hi Rafael,

The corruption problem seems to be fixed! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

Now since I trashed a bunch of stuff (Preferences, etc) I need to get everything set correctly again. I need to work in 4x3 for the majority of my projects. I've changed my settings and restarted but it still is appearing as a 16 x 9. Should I trash preferences again and start over, if so can you give me the correct settings.

Also, the text graphic created in Live Type has jagged edges, what is causing that?

Again thank you!!
Pat

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 11, 2012 at 12:08:42 pm

[Patricia DeFatta] "I need to work in 4x3 for the majority of my projects. I've changed my settings and restarted but it still is appearing as a 16 x 9. "
Select the footage on the time-line, and (left-click) Remove Attributes > Basic Motion + Distort.

[Patricia DeFatta] "Also, the text graphic created in Live Type has jagged edges, what is causing that? "
First set the canvas window at 100% so the graphics/picture display properly.
If you are working on a DV sequence, try changing the sequence codec to Prores (you should never render back to DV unless you need to deliver on a DV tape).

If the jagged edges persists, in the Browser, try changing the "Alpha". You have three options: Strait, Black, White.
The changes in the Browser do not affect to the stuff that is already in the sequence, so, when you change the Alpha in the Browser, you need to lie the titles again in the time-line to see the changes.
rafael

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 12, 2012 at 1:26:54 am

Hi Rafael,

You have been a life saver! The system seems to running fine now with all issues corrected with your recommendations. It is great to have these forums and people like you who really care about help others.

THANK YOU and all the best.
Pat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]