FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to conform FCP7 timeline back to red media from proxies now that clipfinder is gone

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
How to conform FCP7 timeline back to red media from proxies now that clipfinder is gone
on Sep 8, 2012 at 4:09:31 pm

I'm pretty green with RED but I just completed my first editing project shot with it. For that project I was guided through the workflow by a tech and they used clipfinder and redcineX together.

My next project I'm on my own and need to apply what I've learned fast. I've made my proxies but there's a problem, I've gone to get clipfinder so when the editing is done I'll be ready to conform back to the RED quicktime reference files but development and distribution has stopped. The devloper cites that redcineX now does everything clipfinder does, so clipfinder isn't necessary anymore, but as far as I can see I still can't relink my proxy timeline back to the online using redcineX.

Does RedCinex do this? Can someone tell me how? If it doesn't, does anything else?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: How to conform FCP7 timeline back to red media from proxies now that clipfinder is gone
on Sep 8, 2012 at 10:47:18 pm

I have used a different workflow that relinks the r3d files in Color. It all hinges on how the proxy files are created. If the file names match then relinking can be done a few ways.

It might be worthwhile posting on the RED forums as depending on your workflow there may be a few ways to go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]