FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please view my FCP7 screenshot and assist please.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Claiborne
Please view my FCP7 screenshot and assist please.
on Sep 8, 2012 at 5:47:06 am

This is a screenshot of my project and the sequence settings which show the native resolution settings for these clips. The canvas image has been scaled up to try to catch the ball carrier smiling in slo-mo as he runs by. The viewer is ghost imaging and the canvas is fuzzy and ghost-imaging. Who knows how I can clear this situation up? all answers are appreciated.

George

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Please view my FCP7 screenshot and assist please.
on Sep 8, 2012 at 5:53:36 am

That's called INTERLACING. It's completely normal. You don't see this when played back on a TV, because TVs are designed to deal with interlacing. Have been since TVs were invented. Computer displays, they can't. They like progressive.

Where you paused, you are seeing both fields...thus it looks odd. When you output back to tape, or make a DVD, you won't see this.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

George Claiborne
on Sep 8, 2012 at 6:15:48 am

That is what I was thinking but needed someone else to tell me I think. It just looks worse than normal. Thanks for your reply.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 8, 2012 at 5:54:25 am

It looks like a field order issue but your settings look right. Check the clip to make sure their isn't a shift fields filter on the shot. HD should be upper with no shift fields.

If there isn't then try adding a shift field filter to see if that fixes the problem. Only other thing might be to check if frame blending is on being a slo mo shot. try turning it on/off to see which looks best.

Return to posts index

George Claiborne
on Sep 8, 2012 at 6:20:08 am

Tried the frame blending and filters option to no avail. Thanks for the suggestion. These bleary eyes are just making more of an issue with the interlaced video than normal. Thanks for trying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]