FORUMS: list search recent posts

autosave vault folder does not have read/write access please select a new folder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sandy shapiro
autosave vault folder does not have read/write access please select a new folder
on Sep 7, 2012 at 9:13:32 pm

Hi,

Upgraded my OSX to 10.7.4. Reinstalled FCP 7. When I launch the program I'm getting the following error: "autosave vault folder does not have read/write access please select a new folder" before it shuts down. Cannot open FCP from there.

Any thoughts on how I can get this working again? I bought it and have the serial!

Thanks,

Sandy

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: autosave vault folder does not have read/write access please select a new folder
on Sep 7, 2012 at 9:47:20 pm

Was it a clean OS install or an upgrade? FCP has always been fussy about OS upgrades.

Have you repaired permissions? This is also basic maintenance after any upgrade or install. If you have admin access then folder permissions can be changed.

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
Re: autosave vault folder does not have read/write access please select a new folder
on Sep 7, 2012 at 9:52:28 pm

It was a clean install. I'll try a permissions repair again - haven't tried since reinstalling fcp.

I do have access. How do I change the folder? I can't even find the folder. Something weird is going on. I believe I just hit "apple i" on the folder and change it from there. but I cant even see the folder.

Thanks, Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 7, 2012 at 10:14:17 pm

FCP usually creates the autosave folder along with the capture scratch folders based on your FCP settings. If it doesn't exist then perhaps there is a problem with read write access at the system level after your OS install.

Finder search might help locate the folder

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
on Sep 8, 2012 at 12:11:46 am

'i do believe this is the problem - "If it doesn't exist then perhaps there is a problem with read write access at the system level after your OS install. " because i wasnt able to even create a project.

do you know how i access the system level? thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 8, 2012 at 12:19:42 am

When you installed the OS there should have been the opportunity to set your admin and user levels. It may be that you are not signed in as admin which should allow read write access and the ability to set read write access for users.

My guess is that you are logged in as a user without read write not admin but in system settings you should find the dialog box to set users privileges but make sure you are logged in as admin.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 8, 2012 at 1:53:03 am

Try opening the folder's Info window (Cmd-I), and allow read/write (Sharing&Permissions).
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
on Sep 8, 2012 at 2:24:23 pm

The folder doesn't actually exist because i wasnt able to completely open FCP to create a project or the folders....

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
on Sep 8, 2012 at 2:24:59 pm

I checked and I am an admin. So I'm completely confused here....

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
on Sep 8, 2012 at 2:58:56 pm

Fixed the problem. In System Preferences I was listed as an admin. Read online someone else having the same problem - but back in 2003! They suggested command i on the local hard drive and checking user prefs; which I did and I was not listed as having "read and write" I set it from there and FCP opened. Strange.

Thanks for all the replies! We did it!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 8, 2012 at 10:42:29 pm

That's strange. Never heard of a clean OS install that failed to set admin as read write. Glad you sorted it and reported.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]