FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro: Log and transfer transcoded and conformed footage from hard drive.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rose Hendry
Final Cut Pro: Log and transfer transcoded and conformed footage from hard drive.
on Sep 6, 2012 at 10:14:11 pm

Hi,

I am trying to log and transfer footage shot on 7D, that I transcoded to Pro Res using MPEG Streamclip and conformed from 30fps to 25fps using Cinema Tools. The transcoded and conformed footage is stored on my external hard drive.

After reading up more about log and transfer, it only seems to work straight from the card/device.

Is there a way to log and transfer footage not from a card or device, and to be able to conform before editing?

I want to log and transfer to organise the footage at the very start of editing, instead of importing the full clips into the browser - the lazy way.

Thanks for reading.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro: Log and transfer transcoded and conformed footage from hard drive.
on Sep 6, 2012 at 11:02:32 pm

[Rose Hendry] "Is there a way to log and transfer footage not from a card or device, and to be able to conform before editing?"

Log and Transfer only works with tapeless media, in the full card structure. So in the case with the 7D, you can't just back up the MOV files and then try to Log and Transfer...no, you need the FULL card structure...every folder and sub folder...in the state that they exist on the card. You then open Log and Transfer, point to that backup...and convert to ProRes. It converts as it imports.

Then, after that, you can use Cinema Tools to conform. But because you conformed the footage, FCP will no longer link to it...so it will have to be imported again. But that's easy...drag and drop into a bin and BOOM, it's there.

If you have already converted your footage with MPEG STREAMCLIP, and then already conformed it, and already organized it on your external drive...then just drag and drop the folders into FCP. They become bins. FCP just points to the media where it currently exists when you import or drag and drop.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]