FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7, Capture Window WV & VS are PAL?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt M, PA
FCP 7, Capture Window WV & VS are PAL?
on Sep 6, 2012 at 4:58:17 pm

While capturing some SD footage, which is being unconverted via Blackmagic UltraStudio 3D...I see that the waveform and vectorscope within the capture window are showing a tiny "PAL" in each corner.

The project is NTSC...and I'm assuming there's a way to change this...but I can't find it.

I've never noticed this before, but I'd bet it's been this way as long as it's been installed. Perhaps it doesn't matter...but it's got me confused. (Which is normal!)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP 7, Capture Window WV & VS are PAL?
on Sep 6, 2012 at 6:54:04 pm

What easy setup are you using in FCP?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matt M, PA
on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:07:29 pm

Apple Pro-Res 422

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:27:18 pm

SD? HD? NTSC or PAL? There's a ProRes 422 easy setup for all of those in FCP. You may have chosen the wrong one.

How is the blackmagic card set up? What are you seeing in your video monitor, and not the FCP viewers?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matt M, PA
on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:45:39 pm

Thanks...I looked at that too. I've even opened new projects after selecting a new "easy setup"...yet the scopes are still labelled PAL when trying to capture.

Return to posts index

Matt M, PA
on Sep 6, 2012 at 8:44:24 pm

I even have trashed try preferences and started over....scopes still say "PAL" at the corners while capturing.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 7, 2012 at 4:34:18 am

Funny, I went throught a number of easy setups myself. All of them NTSC 29.97 or HD 29.97. All the blackmagic ones I tried showed PAL on the scopes. Many of the DVCProHD ones showed PAL on the scopes. SD NTSC 29.97 showed NTSC on the scopes along with a few others. Seems like some sort of bug.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 7, 2012 at 4:46:11 am

Just a subtle reminder that most of the world is PAL. :)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 7, 2012 at 11:22:00 am

No bug.
Change your "Device Control" to any NTSC flavor.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 7, 2012 at 2:19:15 pm

Every device control in my list is NTSC. I've never used PAL for anything. But I pretty much haven't used device control in about 5 years either. Except the errant DV tape I guess. DV shows NTSC for me. Most other setups show PAL, even though everything in the setup is NTSC. Could be that there is no actual device hooked up though.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 7, 2012 at 4:37:35 pm

Hi Bret,
I do also do not capture nothing since years, but I've tried for curiosity.
I had everything set to PAL (i only use PAL) and and no device connected, but I've changed the Capture Preset to DV NTSC and Device Control to "FW NTSC", and in the Scope window now shows NTSC,. The Color Bars I get in the capture Window are NTSC too.
After a couple of changes, I see that the Capture Preset changes nothing, but "Device Control" changes everything.
At least here in Laos :-)
rafa

Return to posts index

Matt M, PA
on Sep 7, 2012 at 8:15:15 pm

Thanks to all! I still cannot get anything other than PAL on the scopes in the capture side.

The scopes found under the tools menu are NTSC.

My concern is that footage will not be correctly set up when imported.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 8, 2012 at 2:13:30 am

[Matt M, PA] "My concern is that footage will not be correctly set up when imported."
The scope does nothing on the capture process. Most people don't even know is there.
The Scope is useful when you capture from a IO card or VTR (with a TBC/ProAmp or a camera where you can adjust the signal. Capturing through FW, makes no much sense. In fact will reduce performance on low power systems.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]