FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looks won't Load

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Zietz
Looks won't Load
on Sep 6, 2012 at 3:57:09 pm

Had to transfer fcp6 onto an older macbook pro with the same OS of 10.6 because of mechanical issues with the newer machine. Tried to load the project and I am informed that it cannot load the Looks plug in that nearly everything is colorized with and on top of that, fcp will not reconnect with the original media. Not sure if one is a consequence of the other, but that's my story. Any help would be a tremendous gift. Thank you.

David

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Looks won't Load
on Sep 6, 2012 at 6:52:03 pm

How did you get the FCP files onto the new machine? You should use Media Manager to do it. Also, does the new machine have the Looks plugin installed on it? You need it or FCP won't know what to do.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Zietz
on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:13:01 pm

I just installed it from the original discs. Since I had looks on the original machine and saved it into the project, I thought it would transfer over, no?

David

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:30:53 pm

Nope: it's a separate install if it's a third-party plugin, and you may need to run FCP updates if Looks was part of an FCP update.

When I wrote "FCP files" and "Media Manager" in the same breath, I should have specified that I meant capture scratch, render & project files. Sorry.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Zietz
on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:34:59 pm

Ah, ok, I got it. So there is no way that I can use the plug in from the original machine? And as far as using media manager, I'm a little naive, so excuse my ignorance, but I can use it to get the original capture scratch, render and project files over into the new laptop? even if the project and all of its files are on the external drive?

David

Return to posts index

David Zietz
on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:31:15 pm

Also, just to clarify, the project resides on an external hard drive, not the machine itself.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]