FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to import m2v files into FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kai Mariah
how to import m2v files into FCP
on Sep 6, 2012 at 2:07:33 pm

Hello,
I did an underwater shoot in HD. The cameraman downloaded files as m2v on flashdrive. When I try to import the m2v files into FCP it causes FCP to quit.

Do I need to convert these files to another format or how do I import them into FCP so I can edit them?

Thanks!
Kai

Return to posts index

Fraser Walker
Re: how to import m2v files into FCP
on Sep 6, 2012 at 2:47:45 pm

Hi Kai,

This has been discussed already in other CreativeCOW forums - http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1086075

It seems that the answer you're looking for is MPEG Streamclip. It's a free downloadable and hugely popular video conversion program. Use it to convert your .M2V's to PreRes 422 and Final Cut will be happy to accept them.

MPEG Streamclip download - http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 6, 2012 at 3:11:47 pm

Next time, tell the camera man you need the FULL CARD STRUCTURE! Delivering any less than that is irresponsible. Camera people know squat about the needs of editors, so you need to tell them you need the full structure. FCP imports properly (most formats) if you have the full card structure.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kai Mariah
on Sep 7, 2012 at 1:04:16 am

Thanks. I am going to cut him a little slack because he's running the camera is not his main profession. He offered to help me because my shoot required a certified scuba diver and that he was. Also, I'm a young inexperienced director so now I know what to tell him next time :)

Return to posts index

Kai Mariah
on Sep 7, 2012 at 12:59:54 am

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]