FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP: Edit Drive Ejects During Log & Transfer Import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olaf steel
FCP: Edit Drive Ejects During Log & Transfer Import
on Sep 5, 2012 at 11:27:26 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a project in FCP 6 using mostly AVCHD footage shot on a Panasonic AF100.
Some clips are over 1 hour in duration, and when I try to import those, using Log and Transfer, my external edit drive ejects, and then FCP gives me an error message saying: "Low Disk Space
The volume 'XXXXXX' is about to run out of disk space. The transfer queue has been paused. Please clear some space and select continue or select stop to abort the ingest and delete the clip."

This only happens with the AVCHD clips that are very long. The short clips import fine.
I know my drive is not full - there is close to 1TB free.

My raw footage is on a separate external drive, and during the import process I have the raw footage drive and the edit drive mounted. Only the edit drive is ejected during the import.

I do have my Cache and Scratch files all on the same drive - my edit drive. Could that be an issue perhaps?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Olaf

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP: Edit Drive Ejects During Log & Transfer Import
on Sep 5, 2012 at 11:43:03 pm

Check your System Settings to see if you have limit capture file size set to an maximum file size. If the box is checked, then uncheck and see if that fixes the problem.

Return to posts index

olaf steel
on Sep 6, 2012 at 6:18:01 pm

Thanks for your response Michael. I just checked the system settings and
both Limit Capture Size and Limit Capture Now are bow unchecked.

Return to posts index

olaf steel
on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:20:14 pm

I have found that this problem also occurs with HVX footage. Any clips that are long - over 40 mins force the drive to be ejected and the same error message. If I import those long files individually, it seems to work fine, at least so far. But this is not a good option and will slow things down for me tremendously.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]