FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 editors working on same project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rand courtney
2 editors working on same project
on Sep 5, 2012 at 10:46:05 pm

I haven't ever tried this before but I have a big project coming up where 2 editors i am hiring are required to edit 125, 3 minute videos. I want one editor to handle videos 1-75 and the other to edit 76-125.

One is working on a 2011 iMac with thunderbolt capability and the other on one of the brand new MacBookPro's with thunderbolt. They will both be in the same editing bay together as they work for 5 solid days.

What would be the best way to set this up?

Can they both work off of the same hard drive?

Clueless...

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: 2 editors working on same project
on Sep 5, 2012 at 11:28:20 pm

You can run 2 edits off one set of media if the media is on an xsan. I'd suggest making a separate project for each video, then you'd avoid having to open the same project on more than one system at a time and the possibility of the project becoming too large (both can be problematic).

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Sep 6, 2012 at 4:19:50 am

[rand courtney] "Clueless..."

Signing off as "clueless" is like dangling a frozen chicken over a swamp full of alligators...

Yes, I'll bite!

Did you even bother to try searching this forum? That topic comes up on a weekly basis. Look up. See that box that says, "Search"? Type "sharing media" into it. See what happens. Report back to us what you learn.

Mark

Return to posts index

Tmuzzatti
on Sep 6, 2012 at 6:18:38 pm

Mark,

As a fellow internet user I find myself also saying "google is your friend" or "use the search function". But never in a million years would I be caught saying that in a professional setting. Can you imagine if you were at a restaurant and asked the waiter/waitress to describe a meal when the description is directly under the name of the entree and the waiter/waitress turns to you and say "can you read?" That's what you sound like. I respect you and all the great work you have done, but this comment does not come across as helpful or informative.

--Tony

Return to posts index

rand courtney
on Sep 6, 2012 at 9:01:56 pm

Yes, thanks for saying that Tony.

I was actually pretty shocked and upset by Mark's response. I typically don't like to be patronized and made fool of but i wasn't going to say anything. I maybe thought it was a standard practice to treat people like that on this forum.

Return to posts index

John Kaley
on Sep 6, 2012 at 2:15:33 pm

Here's a solution, but it requires you to spend cash:
http://www.small-tree.com/Titanium4_8TB_p/t4-8.htm

Return to posts index

Kyle Prince
on Sep 7, 2012 at 2:42:14 am

Technically they can work off the same hard drive but I wouldn't suggest it (unless you're working off a server). Best thing to do would be to capture everything to a drive, clone that drive, copy bins to a new project on the other computer and have each editor work with their own copy of the footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]