FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange audio problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean pollaro
strange audio problem
on Sep 4, 2012 at 4:30:22 pm

I've been working on this fcp7 project for days with no problems. Today I opened the project, hit spacebar and discovered that random audio clips in the sequence are not producing sound. there's waveform information there and it is rendered for playback but no sound and no levels visual in the mixer. this is totally random as other audio clips in the sequence do produce sound. whats weird is that in some instances there will be 2 clips from the same source file with different ins and outs , one will have sound and one wont. i opened the audio file in the viewer and the clip will produce sound in one area and no sound in another but visually shows waveform information.. I also checked the source files in the finder and they playback fine. I tried rebooting and then trashing prefs but to no avail..I have an urgent deadline on this and I'm starting to worry..

fcp 7.03
sequence 1920x1080 prhq422 10 bit yuv rendering
footage pr422hq
mac osx 10.6.8 2x 2.93 ghz 6- core intel xeon 32 gig ram

Return to posts index

Alan Stephens
Re: strange audio problem
on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:31:36 pm

It sounds like you've covered everything.
have you checked the clip levels in the preview window to make sure there is no volume envelope drawn.
You might try and copy the sequence clips and paste them into a new project. Also dupilcate the sequence and see if it helps. If you have another mac open it up there.

Sounds like a project file corruption maybe.

Alan Stephens

Return to posts index

sean pollaro
on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:48:31 pm

checked the file in preview no envelope drawn. copying sequence to new project didnt fix. duplicating sequence didnt fix. I opened up on a 2nd mac and the audio was there playing back right.. What could this mean?

Return to posts index

sean pollaro
on Sep 4, 2012 at 10:37:08 pm

should've thought of this earlier! I reconnected the media and its working now. what a way to waist the day huh?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 5, 2012 at 3:39:30 am

Sometime trashing audio renders and re-rendering can fix this sort of issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]