FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP - Strange Behavior.... Sequences show up as 1+ frame off despite just duplicating them.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Wescott
FCP - Strange Behavior.... Sequences show up as 1+ frame off despite just duplicating them.
on Sep 4, 2012 at 1:48:33 pm

I have a sequence with about 30 or so nested sequences. We just hit picture lock and before I pass off the edit to the mixers, colorist, & composure I needed to export it as OMF.

So, I copied the sequences into a new sequence and held down the Apple key to paste as original edits (undoing the nesting)...

However, the final sequence doesn't match up... It's 2 frames off. So I duplicated the original nested sequences and it too is 2 frames off now.

I check each (nested) cut's timecode with the original and find the first discrepancy. When i dive into the nested sequences to find the problem I see that both are exactly the same length and have the same cuts at the same timecode.

So, I delete the sequence and copy just that part again.. Now it's correct and I move on to the next sequence that is off by a frame. I find it but the same process won't correct the issue. It's just always off....

The even stranger part is I can duplicate the sequence, drag all the nested ones back into the media browser to make new master sequences.. Then I put them in a new sequence and now the problems are in other places. Sometimes it's only off by a single frame and sometimes it's a dozen or so off.

Has anybody run across this bug before and have any idea what is causing it and/or how to fix it? I've tried the project on several machines. I've also exported to XML and and imported again in an attempt to rebuild the project. I've even tossed the XML into Premiere (CS6) and it's showing similar issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Eric

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP - Strange Behavior.... Sequences show up as 1+ frame off despite just duplicating them.
on Sep 4, 2012 at 2:53:29 pm

I saw that on some old FC versions, not on FC.7.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]