FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using DVCpro 720p50 footages in DV-PAL timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aminuddin Abdollah
Using DVCpro 720p50 footages in DV-PAL timeline
on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:27:32 am

Hi, I am working on a project for broadcast in FCP7 using a 25fps DV-PAL timeline. We used a P2 for one of our cameras that recorded in 720p50. I noticed that if the footage from the P2 was put directly into the timeline, instead of getting interlaced frames, it just converts the footage to 25p instead.

Currently, my workaround is to use Compressor to convert the clip to DV-PAL 50i in Compressor which then results in properly interlaced output in the timeline, but there are a lot of clips so it'd be a waste of time & storage to convert every clip. Is there any proper method to get FCP to natively output the clip in 50i, perhaps using a filter?

I had utilised twixtor to convert Canon 5D 25fps footages to 50i to reduce jittering, but to use that as a remedy for a clip that already is 50 frames is kinda pointless.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Using DVCpro 720p50 footages in DV-PAL timeline
on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:44:15 am

Apart of the ReVision FieldsKit, I don't know any other software able to do a real re-interlacing.
BTW, do you really need to deliver in DV?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Aminuddin Abdollah
on Sep 4, 2012 at 11:59:21 am

Yeah, need to deliver in DV Betacam tape. We had trouble with jittering non-interlaced footages previously, so needed to avoid this trouble from cropping up again.

Didn't realise of Re:Vision's plugin even though I had Twixtor. Will go try the demo, thanks. Though it does seem like an costly solution to a simple problem.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 4, 2012 at 2:51:17 pm

[Aminuddin Abdollah] "Yeah, need to deliver in DV Betacam tape."
DV Betacam doesn't exist.
You may be talking of DVCam or Betacam tapes.
In both cases is better that you edit in Prores, although for DVCam you need your sequence to be Lower First and For Betacam you need it Upper First.
rafael

[Aminuddin Abdollah] "Though it does seem like an costly solution to a simple problem." The FieldsKit is quite affordable. The only problem is that processing may takes long.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]