FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X freezes during render when computer sleeps?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
phil hastings
Final Cut Pro X freezes during render when computer sleeps?
on Sep 3, 2012 at 3:05:43 am

So I'm experiencing something I've never had to deal with before. I'm running FCPX 10.0.5 on OSX 10.7.4. When I've left FCPX to render complicated sequences/effects everything works normally unless I leave and do not interact with the computer. My computer's energy settings are set to put the computer to sleep in an hour when not being used. I cannot change this as my IT dept took away admin privileges and this is one of the controls I no longer have control over. When I come back to the computer FCPX is frozen and exhibits a spinning beach ball. The rest of the computer is fine, but it requires a hard reboot (sometimes twice) to get FCPX to work again. I cannot simply force quit. IF my IT dept would give me back admin privileges I could at least test my theory that the sleep setting is the issue but alas it is not so. Has anyone experienced this issue?

My last reboot seems to have fried my RAID setup as well. Lucky for me my big project was just finished and delivered.

thanks

Phil

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Final Cut Pro X freezes during render when computer sleeps?
on Sep 3, 2012 at 3:11:07 am

You need to get the IT dept to turn sleep mode off.

Return to posts index

tony west
on Jan 19, 2013 at 3:41:51 am

I have had this exact problem myself Phil. First time I found anyone who had had it.

Return to posts index

phil hastings
on Jan 22, 2013 at 7:07:40 pm

Hi Tony, My problem went away when I was finally able to turn off the sleep option my editing computer after having admin rights returned to me.

Return to posts index

tony west
on Jan 22, 2013 at 7:16:28 pm

Thanks Phil, I did the same it so far so good.

Thanks for getting back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]