FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a DVD from FCP (DSLR footage)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Hill
Making a DVD from FCP (DSLR footage)
on Sep 2, 2012 at 5:05:50 pm

Hiya guys,

Probably a very dated question but having looked at other posts I've not quite reached a clear answer.

I shot some footage on a Canon 550d (1920x1080), converted it from H264 into an editable format using Mpeg Streamclip.

I now have a 10minute sequence that I wish to burn to DVD as high quality as I can.

I don't have DVD Studio Pro so I downloaded Burn...

What's the best way to do it folks?

Do I take it into compressor? Settings?

or Export at it's current settings unchecking 'self-contained movie' and then into compressor? I have no idea...

I trialled sending it straight to compressor but I ended up with no sound and a sped up sequence?

Confused :(

Would appreciate any help!
Thanks
Amy

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Making a DVD from FCP (DSLR footage)
on Sep 2, 2012 at 6:53:42 pm

Tell us about the frame rates at which you shot, edited, and wish to use for the DVD.

Do you want to make an AUTHORED DVD, the kind that DVD players can play? If so, you need to get a DVD authoring program.
If you want to make a DATA DVD, the kind that just contains the file like any other storage device, you can simply burn a DVD.

Since DVDSP has been an integral part of the Final Cut Suite since version 4, it's difficult to understand why you do NOT have it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 2, 2012 at 9:19:02 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "Since DVDSP has been an integral part of the Final Cut Suite since version 4, it's difficult to understand why you do NOT have it."

Not that difficult to understand at all. Just tough to actually come out with the reason why we know they don't.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Amy Hill
on Sep 2, 2012 at 10:03:03 pm

Appreciate your help, may have solved it :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]