FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting HD video from final cut pro PAL setting (

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben shouler
Exporting HD video from final cut pro PAL setting (
on Sep 1, 2012 at 9:14:49 am

Hi there
I'm trying to export my HD video from Final cut Pro so that I can edit it in DVD studio Pro. I initially exported it on H.264 setting however it then gives me the message 'NTSC assets cannot be imported into PAL projects' It was edited with PAL setting so I think it must be the conversion but i'm not sure which option to use.....been really struggling to get the 1 hour footage under 4.5gb without losing too much quality...
Any advice greatly appreciated!
thanks

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Exporting HD video from final cut pro PAL setting (
on Sep 1, 2012 at 11:38:47 am

[ben shouler] "I'm trying to export my HD video from Final cut Pro so that I can edit it in DVD studio Pro. I initially exported it on H.264 setting"
DVDs uses only MPEG-2. No H264.

[ben shouler] "then gives me the message 'NTSC assets cannot be imported into PAL projects' It was edited with PAL setting"
If your movie has NTSC time-base, you need to convert it first to PAL.

[ben shouler] ".been really struggling to get the 1 hour footage under 4.5gb without losing too much quality..."

The longer the movie, the less quality you can achieve, but with a just one hour long movie you can get a very good DVD.
Once you have your movie converted to PAL, use the "Best Quality 90 minutes" preset. If the movie is 60 minutes, you can rise the data rate.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
Re: Exporting HD video from final cut pro PAL setting (
on Sep 2, 2012 at 7:11:15 pm

Hi Ben,

See this thread on the cow about making DVD's in DVDSP (FCP->Compressor->DVDSP)

"FCP 7 Export via Compressor for DVD Studio Pro Mastering"

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1157709#1157741

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]