FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why can't I export 6 audio tracks?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Mathews
Why can't I export 6 audio tracks?
on Aug 31, 2012 at 6:59:02 am

I'm trying to export a project with 6 audio tracks but I cannot seem to be able to do it at all. I am going to my sequence settings and choosing audio outputs and the selecting '6'. When I click OK I get this warning:

The current audio device does not support the number of outputs selected in the Sequence Settings Audio Outputs tab. Unsupported outputs will not be heard during playback on this machine unless downmixed to stereo

I then right click on the left hand side of the time line to choose the audio outputs and allocate the tracks to the relevant outputs they should go to (Eg to tracks 1+2 or 3+4 etc)

However, once I have exported it, it only has two tracks of stereo? I really need it to have all 6 and cannot work out why it is not working for me. Please can someone help?!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Why can't I export 6 audio tracks?
on Aug 31, 2012 at 8:29:15 am

Do you have a Kona/ Matrox or Declink card? If you are relying on the onboard sound then that is why it won't let you select more outputs than your system can monitor. You may also need to check your Easy Setup in case it is on a setup to feed via FireWire which would also default to stereo.

Also if you export via QuickTime conversion, it will default to a stereo mixdown.

Return to posts index

Mark Mathews
on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:47:15 am

I am working with HDV 1080i material, so my easy setup is set to that. However, this does mention firewire. Is there anything else I can change it to?

I need to deliver the finals in Apple Pro Res format so I am also exporting using QUicktime conversion. Again, if I can't do it this way how can I do it?

I need to export all 6 tracks somehow. Is there a work around?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 31, 2012 at 12:36:20 pm

Firstly export QuickTime movie not conversion. You can change from HDV to ProRes when you do this. QT conversion doesn't support six channel audio in my experience. Plus the quality is not as good as QT movie.

Try changing the easy setup to ProRes not HDV and then make an new sequence. Copy paste your final sequence into a new ProRes422 sequence and then see if you get your audio outputs sorted. Then render and export as a QT movie using current settings.

Return to posts index

Mark Mathews
on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:13:51 pm

Thanks Michael, that works but the file is a FCP Quick Time and that can't be opened by everyone. I need to convert it somehow and have tried in Compressor but it again makes the audio 2 track stereo, so I am back to square one!

The settings I use in compressor are the Apple Pro Res and I made sure the audio was set to pass through

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]