FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 I/O Error Mystery

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Driessen
FCP7 I/O Error Mystery
on Aug 30, 2012 at 4:26:39 pm

Hi there, guys. Hope anyone in the herd can help me crack this little nut of painful mystery:

FCP7: When trying to export a QuickTime movie I get a I/O Error. Some times it crashes FCP.
I've checked my sequence settings. And it still is fine as it was from the beginning. AppleProRes 422(HQ). I've force rendered ALL the clips and went through my media one by one. All are fine and all are ProRes 422 or ProRes422. Trashed Prefs. Restarted. Even tried removing the BlackMagic Codec component from my QuickTime Receipts with no effect.

Get this: I can export my sequence in parts. If I set the In & Outs to only a portion of the timeline all exports fine. And I've done so piece by piece down the timeline to try and find the potential media culprit. But I was able to render out from the total expanse of the timeline in pieces.

In the past I've just used USING QUICKTIME CONVERSION to work around it if this error ever jumped up and it used to work fine. Now, however, when I try to export to 1920x1080 ProRes using conversion, it locks to 1888x1062 even though I select 1920x1080 in preset or in Custom... ? Woa?

The only thing that changed on this 8Core was an update for the latest driver for BlackMagic Desktop video and an update to the latest CUDA driver for the Q4000 that's in here for Resolve. ... Any ideas?

Francois

FireTrigger Inc.
http://firetrigger.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: FCP7 I/O Error Mystery
on Aug 30, 2012 at 9:03:52 pm

For an experiment, would you consider sending it to Compressor?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Francois Driessen
on Aug 31, 2012 at 7:20:07 pm

That DID work. :-)
Why, QT7 & FCP export is wonky I'm trying to figure out...

Francois

FireTrigger Inc.

Return to posts index

Anna Ingenthron
on Aug 31, 2012 at 12:08:36 am

Also, are you getting the 1888x1062 size of your export from the Finder, QT 7, Qt 10...?

Return to posts index

Francois Driessen
on Aug 31, 2012 at 6:35:21 pm

From QT7pro. Size defaults to "current size" - and when I manually selected HD1920x1080 it would put 1888x1062 in brackets... ?

There must be something in one of the media clips that were wonky. When exporting with QT7 on other pieces of media this does not happen... So it leads me to believe QT is ok, and that the actual media has some little nasty bits.

Francois

FireTrigger Inc.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 31, 2012 at 4:36:01 pm

And another question: where are you seeing this odd resolution? What happens if you export the timeline, then reimport it into FCP? What resolution does FCP report in the Browser?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Francois Driessen
on Aug 31, 2012 at 6:38:50 pm

Its the QT7 issue. When checking the exported file attributes after encode: exporting was actually at 1888x as it said. As mentioned. I think its a media clip that's causing it maybe...? An error or codec clash that existed in the source media that got passed down somehow when trying to export out of FCP via QT...?

Francois

FireTrigger Inc.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 31, 2012 at 7:38:55 pm

You didn't answer the question: what does the FCP BROWSER report as the resolution when you import it into FCP?

You can't trust the QT viewer to report accurate resolutions.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Aug 31, 2012 at 8:52:08 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "You can't trust the QT viewer to report accurate resolutions."

Yeah, often its just parroting the header in the file and ignoring what it actually is.

Only a few applications will really tell you what the media is -- Apple COLOR (because it operates outside of ColorSync and Quicktime, SHAKE, and Resolve. None of them Apple originated applications.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]