FORUMS: list search recent posts

Server Suggestion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Strac
Server Suggestion
on Aug 30, 2012 at 3:11:42 pm

So I will explain my set up.

I work at a marketing company create paid programming that airs in all 50 states and several shows a week. I have MacPro 6 build 10K549, 2.4 Quad Core Intel Xeon, 24gb Ram, 7tb internal drives. My media management goes: Drive 1: Capture Scratch Drive 2: Project Media & Added Assets Drive 3: AutoSave Vault and Drive 4: Three Partition Boot Drives all with Lion P1: Final Cut Studio X P2: Final Cut Studio 3 P3: Final Cut Studio 3. I also have three sandbox drives on shelf just in case. I'm very happy with my media management nice to have three layers of protection and I back all project media up to Sata drives and vacu-seal them to have yet another layer of protection.

We also have another department that handles the radio shows with no backup medium.

So I want to put in proposal for a server or Storage array. At home I have same media management with a BackArmor 12tb NAS with same set up as dual layer prophylactic and then media storage for access on any of the three systems at home on Gigabit network.

I'm not sure if I should go with what I know and maybe just get more expensive NAS or if I'm not aware of a better set up.

What I want to do:

I want to set up LAN so my boss can receive files for proof and the other departments.
I am a local drive editor but if I can get something that will offer same speeds as local that would be great. I have no problem with using the server as just storage & deep storage though.
I would REALLY like to have it firewired in to my machine and LAN to everyone else. I am only one that would need direct connection. Radio will just do storage and exec producer will only use to look at or send files I need.
Remote access and or FTP ability to send proofs to clients.

ANy advice would be great or experiences! Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved