FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro batch capture changing the timecode?!?!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Smith
Final Cut Pro batch capture changing the timecode?!?!
on Aug 30, 2012 at 2:51:26 pm

I am working in FCP 7. I have used Automatic Duck to export a sequence out of Avid and into FCP. Everything worked great, now I am recapturing to upgrade my formerly SD sequence to HD. The settings are all perfect, capture preset is right where I need it. In the bin, my clip timecode corresponds to the tape timecode spot on (first clip needs to begin capture at 18:03:25;13). When I go to batch capture, FCP says it is searching for timecode 00:02:02;27. Why the change? That's not the timecode listed in the bin. It obviously can't find that timecode because it is hours away from anything that's on the tape. I read something online about a timecode offset setting in capture control settings, but the option wasn't there when I checked. Can someone help me?

Return to posts index

Evan Smith
Re: Final Cut Pro batch capture changing the timecode?!?!
on Aug 30, 2012 at 3:15:29 pm

Update- I don't know what timecode it is searching for. What I thought it was searching for was actually the TRT of the clip. The capture tool is simply rewinding as far as it can go, then saying that it can't find the timecode even though it's flying right by the timecode listed on the clip.

Return to posts index

Anna Ingenthron
on Aug 31, 2012 at 12:28:27 am

Is there a decent amount of pre-roll before the timecode that starts the capture? Sometimes if there's too little pre-roll, it'll keep missing it and you'll have to do a capture now to get it going.

If you're sure all your clips are logged properly and you've chosen to capture all offline clips in bin, you should try trashing your preferences, restarting, and all that good stuff.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 31, 2012 at 1:13:32 am

FC may be trying to finish an old batch capture list that was stopped or aborted.

[Evan Smith] "I read something online about a timecode offset setting in capture control settings, but the option wasn't there "
I've never heard of that.
TC is an absolute number that identify individual frames. No sense for any offset.

[Evan Smith] "What I thought it was searching for was actually the TRT of the clip"
What the TRT means/
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Anna Ingenthron
on Aug 31, 2012 at 2:26:14 am

TRT is total running time. FCP displays this and timecode for capture and for your timeline.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 31, 2012 at 4:48:22 am

[Anna Ingenthron] "TRT is total running time."
Thanks for the info.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]