FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nested Sequences: What Gives? Changes in original not showing in nested sequence.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric McCarthy
Nested Sequences: What Gives? Changes in original not showing in nested sequence.
on Aug 29, 2012 at 10:53:34 pm

So, after deciding last week that nested sequences are the perfect solution to my multiple camera/multiple background green screen dilemma, I am having issues.

The original issue was solved nicely. Two nested sequences with different camera angles and backgrounds were rendered out separately, nested into a third TL, then I was able to dissolve between the two without blending BGs.

The problem came when I started making small adjustments to audio, and adding supers in the two original sequences. These are failing to show up in the nested versions (in the new, 3rd sequence).
Apple FCP User Manual states, "You can change a nested sequence and the changes are reflected everywhere."
Is there something that you have to do besides render the original sequence, save it, etc.?

I have read in other forum posts that nested sequences are a hassle to work with, and lots of editors choose to avoid this process, but for the GS project, this was a perfect solution.

Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]