FORUMS: list search recent posts

SOS!!! Quicktime corrupted files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Camilo Ramos
SOS!!! Quicktime corrupted files
on Aug 29, 2012 at 8:39:17 pm

I'm in trouble. My mac crashed and after rebooting I have lots of quicktime files that don't open. When I double click i get the following message: "The document “Insert Sin Formol.mov” could not be opened. The movie's file format isn't recognized."

I've tried Techtool 6, DIsk Warrior, and Digital Rebelion's Pro Maintenance Tools with no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: SOS!!! Quicktime corrupted files
on Aug 29, 2012 at 8:47:00 pm

Where did these originate? DO you no longer have the camera originals?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Camilo Ramos
on Aug 29, 2012 at 8:50:52 pm

Unfortunately no. And my last backup was 3 months ago.... yes, I know.... I'm stupid!!!!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 29, 2012 at 9:41:04 pm

Most likely the files are okay, only their resource forks are corrupted. What repairs to the drives and etc. have you attempted so far?

Return to posts index

Camilo Ramos
on Aug 29, 2012 at 9:49:44 pm

So far I have tried rebuilding the directory file with Disk Warrior and I have also tried, on some files, running digital Rebelion's QT Repair with no luck so far. I still get the same message. On some of the files I can se the thumbnail on the clip, but when I select it, it goes to the QT logo.

BTW, I'm on a MacPro 2x2.26 Quad Core/10 GB of RAM and OS X 10.8.1
Footage is on a LaCie Big Quadra 4tb.
I have Tech tool Pro 6.0.4, Disk Warrior latest version and Pro Maintenance Tools

I have also tries opening the files on different computers and I get the same message

Thanks for your interest

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
on Aug 30, 2012 at 6:15:17 am

Do you have any relatively small clips that I could take a look at and see what the problem is?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
on Aug 30, 2012 at 8:18:53 pm

I played about with one of the files earlier and the structure seems to be all wrong. I was able to get it recognized as a playable QuickTime movie but it was just displaying noise, which leads me to believe that either the sample index is screwed up or the frame data has been lost and the file is unsalvageable.

Media Salvage would normally be able to tell you for sure in a situation like this, however it doesn't support the Blackmagic 10-bit codec. You might want to give these guys a try:
http://www.aeroquartet.com

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-Davenport
on Aug 30, 2012 at 9:45:56 pm

I have had two good experiences with these people who are (or were) based in Spain:

http://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/repair.

They are reasonably priced too. All the info is on their site, in English, and it's easy to follow.

The drill is that they send you a tiny little application which you run on your messed up files. Then you email them the results. They then tell you if they can fix it. If so, you pay them via PayPal or Credit Card. Then they email you a program set up to run specifically on your files. You run it. Done.

They saved my bacon twice and I had precisely your problem. It was all done within 24 hours. Phew!

Best,

Harry.

Return to posts index

Camilo Ramos
on Sep 3, 2012 at 1:59:14 pm

Thanks. I'm going to contact them and see how it goes.

Return to posts index

Paul Hartel
on Jun 25, 2015 at 10:13:59 pm

Anyone ever used the REMO software to repair corrupt QT files?

Thanks,
PH

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-Davenport
on Jun 25, 2015 at 11:18:21 pm

The only place I have used is this:

http://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/download

They saved two files for me and have been completely reliable. They send you a small application, as I recall, which samples your file. You send it back to them. They then send you an application which is set up to fix your file.

This is from their site:

What can Aero Quartet offer you?

FREE diagnostics and preview with Treasured (Mac app)
FREE sample of repaired video
Try before you buy with a FREE trial of your Repair Kit

Very reasonable prices and they are fast. It worked for me - twice.

Harry.

Return to posts index

sid manny
on Sep 20, 2012 at 7:41:33 pm

Hi,

Previously I used MOV Repair tool to fix corrupt MOV file on MacBook Air. I hope this tool will be helpful for you in this situation to repair corrupted Quick Time player files. You can visit th below mentioned official website to get more information about corrupt MOV file repair.

http://www.repairmov.com/fix-mov-file-on-macbook-air.html

Return to posts index

john kerry
on Mar 16, 2015 at 9:39:30 pm

Hi,
With continuation to the above discussion, I came up with an excellent thought to easily repair corrupt MOV file on QuickTime player. For more information, click here http://hbspot.com/tool-to-repair-quicktime-mov

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]