I was working on a MBP with a G-drive attached. I kept having issues where, I believe, the drive was overheating and for whatever reason it caused FCP 7 to hang up. I'd have to re-start the computer and attempting to eject/unmount the drive wasn't working properly.
Anyway, I've opened the sequence back up and now, instead of the individual clips I had saved, the entire sequence has the same clip over and over. What's more strange is that now the clip is a (proxy) clip and when I try to re-connect the media, there is no clip by that name to be found.
I'm just beginning to use a workflow where I move back and forth between a MacPro desktop and a MBP. I hadn't re-saved the project file from the MacPro to the G-drive that I swap back and forth between the machines. Therefore, everything was offline and the wrong codec.
Now, it's fixed and everything reconnected on the MBP when I opened up the newly saved project file.