FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sliding video across screen (Horizontal Brady Bunch)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Sliding video across screen (Horizontal Brady Bunch)
on Aug 27, 2012 at 8:45:46 pm

EDIT*
Sorry, I found a good thread on this. However if any of this is possible for free.. city budget is low and I can't really ask for any new software right now... free suggestions or plug ins would be appreciated.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/995761

I'd like to have multiple clips, sliding across the screen single file. Not sure how to look for that in a tutorial.

This is what I typed in Google - Scrolling Video Final Cut -text -credit -iphone -fcpx

I got back nothing and still got back results for Scrolling Credit Text :)

I'm thinking something like taking all the brady bunch cubes, putting them in a single file line, and having them glide across another graphic with each video highlighting whatever is in my video.

Are there any free templates I could download, or is there something in FCP7 that would allow me to do this?

I have still have Motion and Live Type I could use too if there was a feature I looked over in one of those. I'm not too familiar with AE.

I could keyframe the motion and scale each video clip myself, but I figure a template would eliminate any user error on my part.

Thanks for any suggestions

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Sliding video across screen (Horizontal Brady Bunch)
on Aug 27, 2012 at 9:41:40 pm

Motion IMO is the right tool to do a Brady Bunch moving windows thing. Yes, you *can* keyframe this in Final Cut, but 9 to 10 tracks starts getting unwieldy there.

How I would approach this is to first build each track in final cut, getting all the segment timings and audio matches correct there, first. You could pre-apply the fade-ups here as well as the keyframed reveal-by-cropping, if you wanted to. I wouldn't.

Then export them all into Motion as a project. They will all show up centered in the screen like a stack of cards. All you will be doing to these is using the crop control and scale control, as well as x/y positioning. You'll turn on the red recording button before you move a piece, get it right where it needs to be, then turn the record button off, Motion does all your keyframing for you.

Just highlight each layer and place them in their final layout, noting the proportions of the first cropped box you make, and keeping that consistent with the rest. Give the whole thing it's proper duration. Now, go back to the front of the timeline, turn on the record button, animate the crops for each box, and apply a canned fade to each from the top menu of common effects. Turn the record button off and SAVE after each step, then you can be bold with your moves, knowing everything up to that point is saved.

It's actually easier to do than describe.

(MarciaX3)

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
Re: Sliding video across screen (Horizontal Brady Bunch)
on Aug 27, 2012 at 10:02:29 pm

Thanks Mark,
I'll read your instructions over and over following them step by step :)

If I have too many brain farts and run out of time, I'll just do multiple "LargeFormat.HD" templates in the 3D menu for FCP7. It's not exactly what I want but in the short time I have it will do.

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]