FORUMS: list search recent posts

My credit sequence is shaky in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Higgins
My credit sequence is shaky in FCP 7
on Aug 26, 2012 at 3:01:31 am

This started at the very beginning when I was first attempted to make credits for this film I am editing. In final cut 7 the boris credit option works, it just isn't perfect. I went over to after effects and made a credits sequence that looks flawless in a 60fps timebase. The only problem is I am bringing that export into a 24fps timebase in final cut. Here lies the issue: If I was in DVD studio Pro I could just link the two together but I need them specifically in a web format. So my question is this: How do you make credits look flawless(no shake, no motion blur) in a 24 fps timebase?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: My credit sequence is shaky in FCP 7
on Aug 26, 2012 at 4:55:27 am

Render out of AE at 24fps, for one.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Taylor Higgins
on Aug 26, 2012 at 5:13:26 am

Already did that. The scroll still looks like bad at 24 fps rendered out in AE

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 26, 2012 at 5:26:17 am

There's math involved in getting this to look right. How far you can move something given the frame rate. My friend gave me the formula...and I am having a tough time tracking it down. But yeah, scrolling credits in 24fps look bad, unless done right.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Taylor Higgins
on Aug 26, 2012 at 6:00:29 am

Well just to test things out I did try and slow down the credits I exported from AE at 60fps to about 30% speed in FCP. It looked much worse. Maybe there is another program other than FCP or AE that specializes in making credits?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]