FORUMS: list search recent posts

resizing a sequence to 16:9 in FCP6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Downs
resizing a sequence to 16:9 in FCP6
on Aug 24, 2012 at 5:39:51 am

I have accidentally edited my project in a 4:3 sequence and I would like to find an easy way to convert it to 16:9 without having to individually resize all my footage (not to mention the animations on the clips). I was hoping I might be able to just place a resize
"slug" in a video layer over everything but can't see this as an option - is there an easy way to do this does anyone know?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: resizing a sequence to 16:9 in FCP6
on Aug 24, 2012 at 7:17:15 pm

Is the footage 16:9? And you accidentally put it in a 4:3 sequence?

Then make the new sequence. If you have FCP 6 or 7, it's as easy as taking a source clip and dripping it in a new sequence and clicking YES when FCP asks if you want the sequence settings to match the clip settings. Do that.

Then, copy and paste the footage from the old sequence into the new one. Then, highlight all the footage, right-click or Control-click on a shot (this will affect all highlighted footage) and choose REMOVE ATTRIBUTES. Choose BASIC MOTION and DISTORT. This will make all the footage revert back to it's normal state, and should match the sequence.

If you did any push ins or scale adjustments of any kind on the footage, this will have to be redone, as removing those attributes undid these as well.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sam Downs
Re: resizing a sequence to 16:9 in FCP6
on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:15:24 am

Thanks so much Shane. I really appreciate the advice - very good little work around solution that worked a treat - and yes the video was 16:9.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved