FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about Multi-Screen Effect

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Hands
Question about Multi-Screen Effect
on Aug 24, 2012 at 4:12:34 am

I'm trying to edit a commercial using a similar style as demonstrated in the Plain White T's "Hey There Delilah".

I'm using a black background, unlike this example's white background - but with a white border - and trying to find out how to split the video so I can have 2-4 videos per screen...without distorting the aspect ratio. I'm using 16:9 and shot in HDV.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Trevor Hands

"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does." -- Murphy's Law

Return to posts index

Anna Ingenthron
Re: Question about Multi-Screen Effect
on Aug 24, 2012 at 7:21:19 am

If you mean in FCP, you can adjust the size and placement of each clip directly in your canvas when you have the wireframe on. That way you can do split screens with all the videos layered on tracks at that point in the timeline. As long as you do NOT hold down shift while adjusting the size with your wireframe, the aspect ratio will remain the same. You can also adjust your scale and center through the Basic Motion tab of your clip in the viewer.

I would recommend using cropped slugs to create the bars separating your clips so the borders are even. All of this can be accomplished in After Effects as well if you're comfortable with that.

If you have a large number of clips to layer and render as a split screen, you may want to consider nesting that portion of the sequence or exporting and importing it separately.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved