FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC to PAL Problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Hargrave
NTSC to PAL Problems
on Aug 23, 2012 at 3:54:44 am

Hi everyone,

I'm having some trouble when converting a NTSC animation project into PAL for delivery. Most of it looks fine but whenever there is a fast camera move or quick action on screen it looks jumpy. I've tried converting these specific clips using numerous programs, settings, and processes with no luck. It still always looks off in the PAL version when it looks fine in the original NTSC. I've tried using AE, MPEG Streamclip, and Compressor to convert the footage with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: NTSC to PAL Problems
on Aug 23, 2012 at 6:52:54 am

Hi Matt,
NTSC pictures contains less Movement blur than PAL because the standard shutter time in an NTSC camera is lower. Also in the NTSC-PAL conversion process are dropped 1 in 6 pictures of the original.
All this makes than the converted files will always look choppier than the original.
You can try to add some Movement Blur in post, but you will need to use a good plugin (ReelSmart MB).
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Matt Hargrave
on Aug 23, 2012 at 10:32:37 am

Thanks Rafael. I guess there is just always going to be some jumpiness when changing frame rates. I was hoping it would be smoother with animation but it doesn't seem so.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Aug 25, 2012 at 9:57:45 pm

According to their published delivery requirements, UK broadcasters only accept frame rate conversions made with motion predictive software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]