FORUMS: list search recent posts

multi-layer audio - inconsistent cutting out FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tali Clarke
multi-layer audio - inconsistent cutting out FCP
on Aug 22, 2012 at 8:47:37 am

Hello!

I have a project with multiple audio layers - a documentary with a running v/o, music and occasionally ambient noise. When playing back in the timeline, if there is a moment where v/o, music and ambient are all present at once, sometimes it plays back all 3 and sometimes the music cuts out. There seems to be no consistency in this occurrence, as all music is on 1&2, v/o on 3&4 and ambient on 5&6, and it happens at different parts in the timeline (i.e. there is no pattern to them cutting out, such as all in the second half of the film)

There is no red bar on my timeline indicating any further need for rendering.

I have tried both Safe and Unlimited RT - no difference.

I'm on FCP6
Mac Book Pro with 4gb RAM

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be massively appreciated, cheers! Tali

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: multi-layer audio - inconsistent cutting out FCP
on Aug 22, 2012 at 1:53:25 pm

Sounds like FCP is trying to playback everything in real time, but doesn't have all the resources it needs so it cuts back on some things, like the number of audio channels during playback.

Go to the Sequence drop-down menu, select Render Only, then select Mix Down. You may have to do this many times, as you make changes to the audio it will need to be re-rendered for correct playback.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: multi-layer audio - inconsistent cutting out FCP
on Aug 22, 2012 at 2:52:30 pm

Another suggestion is to use the Render Manager to delete previously-rendered audio using the suggestion above. It helps a lot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]