FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finally buying a new mac pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ralph bertini
Finally buying a new mac pro
on Aug 21, 2012 at 3:59:09 pm

Hi folks,
Been quite awhile since I've posted. Finally retiring my Power mac g5 and going to replace it with a new mac tower. My inclination is to go with the base model higher processor quad core with the six gig of ram to start and get the upgraded graphics card. I work at a college and the kind of work I do is pretty straightforward. Currently we're working in FCP 7 but I'm sure we'll be drinking the cool aid and moving to X. I might add that we're starting to work more in HD. Thanks for any input. I cant see the need to get the 12 core especially if we don't do a lot of intense graphics or animation.
Thanks

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Finally buying a new mac pro
on Aug 21, 2012 at 5:20:20 pm

If you can, wait. The current Mac pro is outdated and overpriced. Since you are currently on a G5 it shouldn't be too hard to find an inexpensive used Mac Pro that will perform well enough to hold you over, or see if an iMac will suit your needs (but it is due for an update as well). I just hate to see someone spend top dollar on old stuff. http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

We were told "Something great is coming in 2013"... Whatever that is supposed to mean.

Return to posts index

ralph bertini
Re: Finally buying a new mac pro
on Aug 21, 2012 at 6:21:22 pm

Thanks, I figured that would be the case. It's not time sensitive. I'll wait.
Ralph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]