FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7: need to online SD files with panning and scaling onto 2K timeline with 4K source files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nigel heng
FCP7: need to online SD files with panning and scaling onto 2K timeline with 4K source files
on Aug 20, 2012 at 4:47:42 pm

Hi guys, I'm in a bit of a bind and could really use the help!

I have a project that is intended to finish at 2K
it was captured natively at 4K resolution

what we did was to transcode the footage to SD ProRes for offline edit.

For creative reasons, I took advantage of the extra resolution and panned and scaled (with keyframes) for quite a number of shots. I did this on the SD pro res proxies with the intention of translating all the Basic motion attributes onto my online sequence.

My online sequence is a 2K sequence but due to the scaling, paning and what not, I threw the 4K footage into the 2K timeline to online.

Here's my problem:

due to the discrepancies of resolution, I cannot simply copy and paste Basic motion attributes from my SD timeline into my 2K timeline (with 4K source files) it just becomes a big mess.

Due to VFX, I cannot simply redo the Basic motions within the 2K timeline (running 4K source files) as the matchmover has been working on a locked picture. I need to have the basic attributes translate exactly to scale from my offline sequence, to my online sequence.

I'm tearing my hair out over this, would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me.

Thank you very much in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7: need to online SD files with panning and scaling onto 2K timeline with 4K source files
on Aug 20, 2012 at 5:21:23 pm

In my experience, you need to do this manually. Redo all the moves. Best way to mimic what you did is to export a QT of the offline, import it into the new project, layer it on top...reduce the opacity to 25% to 50%...and then match the shots that way.

This is one of the big dangers of offlining in codecs of different size. The basic motion does not translate from those to the high res. This is one reason ProREs Proxy was good...low data rate, same size.

Sorry, going to have to manually fix this.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP7: need to online SD files with panning and scaling onto 2K timeline with 4K source files
on Aug 21, 2012 at 4:10:54 pm

as shane said.
Center and anchor point are absolute values. Are pixels positions on the canvas.
If you change the sequence size, everything get screwed.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]