FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED on FCP6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Wysocka
RED on FCP6
on Aug 19, 2012 at 4:00:34 pm

Hi,
I just got footage to edit that was shot on one of RED Cameras. I was trying to log and transfer footage to FCP but I get message that I do not have red codec. I have already installed Final Cut Studio 2 Installer from red.com page but still same message. I have not been working with red footage for a long time and I remember that I was just using RedRushes to make quicktime wrappers, but since I haven't got this program and apparently now workflow looks different I am bit confused. Could someone tell me what should I do? I have also noticed that footage has been shot in 4k. I have been reading somewhere that it might be problematic.
I would really appreciate prompt help as this is very short project and I need to give it back tomorrow, but now I am simply stuck.

Return to posts index

Anna Wysocka
Re: RED on FCP6
on Aug 19, 2012 at 9:48:43 pm

Well I managed to sort out this problem. Despite i have FCP6 and should install Final Cut Studio 2 Installer, Final Cut Studio 3 Installer has newer version of Red Codec and after installing it I could actually start edit. Something simple but can consume a lot of time and stress.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]