FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I acheive this effect?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Franklin
How can I acheive this effect?
on Aug 19, 2012 at 2:56:14 pm

I was recently watching an ad for a perfume campaign, and I loved the style of the video.

I was wondering, how would I acheive that 'vintage film' look? I've been through quite a few 'film look' generators and overlays, but none have given me quite the look im going for. I was thinking, perhaps they filmed the footage with an actual vintage camera to acheive such a look, but thought I'd give it a try on here and see if anyone has any suggestions. I also though that maybe the raw footage i have could effect the outcome.

Also, any suggestions on how I could acheive the effect thats applied to the opening of the ad, that kind of scanline distortion tv effect. Its subtle, yet very effective. Again, been through a few, or maybe im not doing the right things.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the link.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: How can I acheive this effect?
on Aug 19, 2012 at 5:25:56 pm

[George Franklin] "I was wondering, how would I acheive that 'vintage film' look? I've been through quite a few 'film look' generators and overlays,"
I would try the 3W-CC. Desaturate, crunch the Blacks and lo the Middles too.
MagicBullet has great B&W presets.

[George Franklin] "how I could acheive the effect thats applied to the opening of the ad, that kind of scanline distortion tv effect. Its subtle, yet very effective"
FC.7 "Bad TV". In the "Stylize" folder.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]