FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio levels in timeline vs in export -- something is funky.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elise london
audio levels in timeline vs in export -- something is funky.
on Aug 19, 2012 at 5:21:04 am

Hi -- my edited sequence is perfect. I have vo, music, and everything is right. Somehow though, when I export the sequence, the levels jump for a few seconds such that it just gets louder all of a sudden, as if the levels had been key framed up .. but indeed they have not been ... and they sound fine inside Final Cut. I can't figure out why this would be ...

I tried:

- restarting
- trashing prefs
- copy/paste sequence contents into new sequence
- creating a new empty project and dropping the sequence in
- trash render files and re render
- log in with different Mac user (for some reason this sometimes fixes my render bugs)

All this to no avail. So how can it be that something that sounds right in the sequence can sound wrong on the export??

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: audio levels in timeline vs in export -- something is funky.
on Aug 19, 2012 at 2:13:02 pm

What is the format of the source's audio and video files, and what are your sequence's settings?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

elise london
on Aug 19, 2012 at 3:57:31 pm

The video is Prores LT 1920 1080 25fps ... vo and music is .wav from a zoom h4n....

Sequence settings match video settings.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 19, 2012 at 11:13:21 pm

Is the wave audio 48khz sample rate and is the bit depth 16 or 24 bit? FCP really struggles if audio doesn't match those settings. Also the sequence should be set to 48khz.

Return to posts index

elise london
on Aug 19, 2012 at 11:20:14 pm

Yes the audio and sequence settings are both 48k 16bit.
I did just find a workaround.
I realized that if I exported only a very short section that includes the affected audio, it exports ok! So ... I exported three seconds, it came out fine. Then I reimported that new quicktime, replaced that three second chunk with the new quicktime, reexported the entire sequence and now it is fine.

Weird!

So problem solved for now, but still of course would love to understand why that happens, to make sure it doesn't happen in the future.

Hm.

Return to posts index

William Carr
on Aug 21, 2012 at 6:19:43 pm

With your completed sequence, you need to render not just Audio tracks but choose "Mixdown" as a very last step. If you don't there might be artifacts of the audio editing and level work remaining from past actions that were not properly discarded.

Return to posts index

elise london
on Aug 25, 2012 at 5:22:28 am

Thanks for that. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]