FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP color correct with external monitor setup

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lili Chin
FCP color correct with external monitor setup
on Aug 17, 2012 at 10:34:05 pm

Dear All,

Sorry if there is a history of this in the forum, but it seems technology keeps shifting so I want a fresh opinion...

I am looking to do a Color Correction suite setup with FCP at home - i want an affordable solution with a macbook pro 2.53 Ghz intel core i5 w/ an external monitor and FCP 7.0.3 and AE CS6... I am considering the matrox MXO2 mini with a Dell U2713HM 27"

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s...

This monitor is not out in the States yet, but I am wondering what you all think about it vs the DELL U2711 and the Apple Cinema Display (I hate the new glossy panel)

Thanks so much

L

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCP color correct with external monitor setup
on Aug 18, 2012 at 1:57:23 am

Isn't that a computer monitor? Check out shopfsi.com for video monitors. But you'll want a device with SDI out to power them.

I'm waiting for blackmagic ultrastudio express to ship. $500 and it has ALL the connections in RCA and bnc. The mini is overpriced these days. I have one. Very powerful little device, but I rarely have use for the extras like center crop, simeultaneous HD / SD output and impressive upscaling and downscaling on input and output.

But if it's just for monitoring go BMD. If you're not using resolve for color correction, you can wait for the t-tap from Aja for $250.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]