FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP doesn't detect deck unless 2 hard drives are between them.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Leppell
FCP doesn't detect deck unless 2 hard drives are between them.
on Aug 16, 2012 at 1:56:23 am

So here's the setup: 27" Imac, new in January. Connected via FW800 to Caldigit VR. Connected to the Caldigit is a Sony DSR-1500A, that we just got yesterday. All seemed to work the first day.

Come back the next day, and now the VTR isn't detected....until I put a Lacie Rugged HD between them. Tried all the different FW ports on the Caldigit, no joy. Lacie is running off FW power only, and is detected no matter which FW port I plug into on the Caldigit.

Any thoughts? Can't leave the Lacie in the loop, since I need it for another system. Moreover, I just want to understand why this is happening.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: FCP doesn't detect deck unless 2 hard drives are between them.
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:31:16 am

One thing you can try is the Thunderbolt to FW cable ($29). You won't have to daisy chain you devices.

To troubleshoot, I would just connect the deck to the Mac then start by daisy chaining each of your hard drives individually then daisy chain both of them to your deck see where the problem is.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:58:06 am

Thanks Steve....I already considered that as an option. BUT (there's always a but, isn't there?) One of the TB ports is being used to drive a non-Apple 2nd monitor, and the other TB port will be used up in a week or two when I install an MXO2, which unfortunately doesn't have TB pass through.

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:29:21 pm

Ok, fired things up today, but without the Lacie HDD in place. Everything seems fine. Maybe my bootup order? Started the deck first, then the Caldigit, then the iMac.

I'm so confused.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]