FORUMS: list search recent posts

Native MXF Plug In

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Corbin
Native MXF Plug In
on Aug 14, 2012 at 3:07:04 pm

Hello all, we are considering purchasing Raylight to streamline our workflow and take out the log and transfer step for our P2 MXF files. There are several plug ins out there, and there is a wide disparity in prices, although the feature (native editing) seems to be the same in all of them. The plug ins I have found are

Raylight
MXFforMac
Calibrated{Q}

I would love to hear from anyone that has used these if there is anything we should be aware of, or if there is any reason not to use them. Thanks!

Ben
DHTV Digital
Shawnee, KS

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Native MXF Plug In
on Aug 14, 2012 at 3:51:03 pm

I have....And they all offer good options. My favorites are MXF4Mac and Calibrated.

MXF4Mac, the most expensive of the three (for good reason) has a way to stitch together spanned files. It will allow you to either access the files directly by added a MXF component, or, via an app, create a reference file that stitches everything together, and then add or modify metadata. VERY powerful.

Calibrated is my other favorite, for it's simplicity. It simply allows you to open the MXF files and work with them. You open the video MXF files, and it will find and link it to the audio ones. Nice and simple. It won't stitch the separate files together, but you can do that in the app if you want.

Been a while since I used raylight, and when I did I recall it making reference files too, and instead of giving you the option to see the metadata in the clip info, it put all of it in the first frame of video in the ref file. So the first frame of every file was a black frame with data. That annoyed me a little...so I stick with Calibrated mainly. I like the simplicity.

But at times I need the power of MXF4 Mac.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Marcus van Bavel
Re: Native MXF Plug In
on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:10:59 pm

Raylight for Mac is $125

The metadata frame is optional (you can turn it off).

Also Raylight will put P2 metadata into the FCP7 bin fields, where you can search or sort on the metadata.

here is a link: dvfilm.com/raylight/mac

Raylight by DVFilm
http://dvfilm.com/raylight

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]