FORUMS: list search recent posts

PCM Format for Answering Machine within FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
PCM Format for Answering Machine within FCP 7
on Aug 14, 2012 at 2:45:14 am

I'm using FCP 7 with a MacBook Pro 15inch. I studio recorded voice over narration for our hold call music while clients are waiting for someone to answer the phone. I then put some acoustic music underneath it (royalty free). In our satellite offices the CD that I burned works just fine with the phone system but in our main office, there is insane amounts of static.
We've been working with AT&T for about a month trying to figure out what's going on. They sent us a message today telling us that we needed to put it in a different format. It's a format I have not heard of and know nothing about...
pcm8k 16bit & the service is called IP flex...
Does anyone have experience with this that can guide me thru how to take the current FCP project and move it into this format to then burn on CDs in this format as well...

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: PCM Format for Answering Machine within FCP 7
on Aug 14, 2012 at 5:15:43 am

PCM just means uncompressed like wav or aif. 8khz is a very low sample rate. It is normally 48khz 16 bit so double check that. If it is 48khz 16 bit then you could supply a wav file.

If it needs to be any other bit rate or sample rate then download Audacity, a free cross platform audio editor that can change sample and frequency rates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved