FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Error 34

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heidi Perkins
General Error 34
on Aug 13, 2012 at 10:41:03 pm

General Error 34...I have read all the postings regarding this error...I have no in and out points selected...I have disk space...BUT EVERYTIME I LAUNCH MY PROJECT I GET THE "GENERAL ERROR 34" MESSAGE...I have made a new sequence and pasted my edit--still get the message. When I log to digitize I get no reel name or in & out points...so when I do a batch digitize it just searches for the tc. I also opened a completely different project and get the same General Error 34 message.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Heidi

Return to posts index

Anna Ingenthron
Re: General Error 34
on Aug 18, 2012 at 12:15:42 am

I'm going to suggest a few different things, as this error can indicate basically anything.

-What is most likely is you have a corrupt file somewhere in your project. One way of checking is stringing out all your materials in a sequence and trying to render. The clip that won't render is corrupt. You will need to get rid of it and bring it back into the project. I suggest converting from raw again if it's video or re-exporting an aif from QT7 if it's audio. In some way, you need to refresh the file before bringing it back in.

-Quit FCP and delete all of the files in "Render Files." (If you don't want to re-render your sequences, try the other options first.) Be sure to empty your trash before re-opening FCP.

-Quit FCP and trash your preferences. This is a great catch-all for FCP errors. Your preferences can be found here: [Your system username]>Library>Preferences>com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist Empty your trash and reopen FCP.

-Restarting your whole system often helps with these mysterious errors as well. FCP will bug out if the computer or program has been up and running too long.

Return to posts index

Heidi Perkins
Re: General Error 34
on Aug 22, 2012 at 5:56:42 pm

Thanks!! It turns out it was one corrupt file. A shot that was only 10 seconds.

Heidi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]