FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting up shop with macbook pro with 2 Promise Pegasus 12TB (6x2TB) R6 RAID System

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Monica F.P.Williams
Setting up shop with macbook pro with 2 Promise Pegasus 12TB (6x2TB) R6 RAID System
on Aug 11, 2012 at 5:22:46 pm

Me again sorry
So we have 2 Promise Pegasus 12TB (6x2TB) R6 RAID 5
One has been working fine for sometime the new one bought Wednesday , formatted Thursday started using it yesterday to convert files from the old one to the new after one hour drive 0 dead!
To contact Promise a nightmare you have to do chat ,file the case online etc. because I have no patience nor time finally I got the number of tech support, BTW just in case if anybody need it is 1-408-228-1500.
So find a nice guy but I still had to file a TON of paperwork on line to have the disck replaced and Promise wanted our Credit Card number to send it via UPS Ground
My comment was we spent $ 2400 for the Pegasus I'm NOT paying for the exchange and I need the drive FedEx first overnight
And they agreed. Maybe because of my Italian bad temper.the drive arrived this morning.
Long story but can be useful for somebody else, since I read that people waited 4 to5 days for the replacement.
Finally I'll get to the point I read reviews for the Pegasus and there are a lot drives failure, what are your personal experiences? Should I keep it or not, I read also that can be a problem with the Thunderbolt cables and cell phone interference, any takes on that? from my mac book pro I just need to daisychain the two drives , the 2 computer monitors are connected via USB with Diamond cards. Inexpesive but effective solution. $40/60 each.
Thanks, ciao
Monica

PS ill give another try and keep you posted.

Monica F.P.williams
crocodile editing
https://vimeo.com/crocodileediting
web: http://www.crocodileediting.com

The "EARTH" without "ART" is just "EH"
MacBook Pro 17"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB