FORUMS: list search recent posts

conforming in final cut pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maja Lindén
conforming in final cut pro?
on Aug 10, 2012 at 12:03:06 pm

Hi!

I'm trying to decide on a workflow for a short film filmed with Alexa, pro res 4444.
We have all the material on an external harddrive, FCP version 7.0.3, and the test I've done so far is import some files into a project, recompressed them to proxy quality, so that the editor can use his macbook air, using the media manager. A new project was created with the proxy files, and there I put them into a sequence and made some edits. Next step was to reconnect the sequence in the proxy project with the original 4444 files. I made a "create offline" using the media manager, but after that I can't find any more help in the manual. So my questions are:
Which is the best way to reconnect the proxy sequence with the original 4444-files?
Is there any risk loosing important metadata using this kind of workflow?

/Maja

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: conforming in final cut pro?
on Aug 10, 2012 at 12:46:59 pm

Don't use the Media Manager to "CREATE OFFLINE." This only works when dealing with tape or tapeless media that doesn't record directly to Quicktime. If you have full res, full size QT files as 4444, then simply take the proxy files offline, connect the drive with the 4444 files, and reconnect. I'd duplicate the project first, or at least the sequence. And then when you reconnect, change the sequence settings (command 0)...the COMPRESSOR to match the footage.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Maja Lindén
on Aug 10, 2012 at 8:39:39 pm

Thanks! Less complicated than I thought:)

Return to posts index

Maja Lindén
on Aug 10, 2012 at 9:30:33 pm

Thanks! Less complicated than I thought:)

It worked fine:). But how do I get the sequence to reconnect all the files at the same time? Now I reconnected them one by one..

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 10, 2012 at 9:54:40 pm

Highlight the whole sequence, hit RECONNECT. It should look for every file in that sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]