FORUMS: list search recent posts

remove unwanted item

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Fishback
remove unwanted item
on Aug 7, 2012 at 7:53:18 pm

Hi,

So I have a time specific piece I am editing. The shot has a jar of pickles in it. The only problem is the nutritional facts label was left on it. Is there a way to remove the label? I do not have after effects. FCP 7 plus suite along with photoshop.

Thanks,
Jay

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: remove unwanted item
on Aug 7, 2012 at 8:08:33 pm

As tempting as it is to suggest soaking the jar in water for a couple of hours, I'm not going there.

If the shot is static, you have the option of blurring the image in that area, or replacing the label with a graphic or "decal" keyed over the area that ... maybe... looks like what the pickles would have looked like if the label wasn't there. If the shot is moving around, or the jar is moving, or someone or something interferes with the visibility of the label, then you are into tracking and rotoscoping the VFX.

Sometimes this is described as logo removal, sometimes as "creating a clean plate" but there are likely many online video how-to's published. There's probably a way to do it in "Motion", but I am only familiar with MochaPro and SHAKE.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: remove unwanted item
on Aug 7, 2012 at 9:33:15 pm

BLUR the label. Use Andy's Region Blur for this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59082689/andysplugins.zip

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]