FORUMS: list search recent posts

scaling/pan zoom exporting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria Vahuri
scaling/pan zoom exporting
on Aug 7, 2012 at 3:02:56 pm

Whenever i render motion changes (scaling/center etc) and export it in quicktime movie it either freezes on the first frame (changed clip not the first frame over all) or has a blank (gray/green) frame in final result, when i export in mp4 format it's fine but it is mp4 to begin with but i need it in mov to use SmoothCam.

Is there a way to skip the export to mp4, opening that one file in FCP then exporting it into mov and just going from multiclip mp4 project that has motion changes straight to mov? Thanks :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: scaling/pan zoom exporting
on Aug 7, 2012 at 4:24:42 pm

What is the format of the footage you are editing? Is it MP4? FCP doesn't work well with non-editing codecs, like MP4, H.264. The issues that arise are random. ALL footage must first be converted to an FCP editing codec, like ProRes, BEFORE you edit. Then things will work right.

If you want to edit MP4 files, you need to use Premiere.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Maria Vahuri
on Aug 7, 2012 at 4:39:44 pm

Thanks for the reply Shane,

Yes, it's mp4 format and i've realized that FCP doesn't like it much, was hoping for an easier way out but oh well c'est la vie.

I have about few hundred clips to edit and instead of importing and then exporting them to/from FCP as mov files one by one it is faster if i import them (mp4), edit and do motion changes then export them in mp4, import once again and export in mov and finally import the video once again, cut it up into the previous clips and do SmoothCam and then export in mp4 as that's what the upload application prefers.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 8, 2012 at 3:23:10 am

You are in for a world of hurt. Use mpegstreamclip (free) to batch convert all your clips to ProRes. Do not bring mp4 into FCP 7.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]