FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mini Network For FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Fitzsimmons
Mini Network For FCP
on Aug 7, 2012 at 11:13:30 am

Hello,

A colleague and I have just started both using FCP (he was using PremPro) and want to share the external hard drive that has all the media we use on it.

The problem is we can only connect one computer to the drive at a time. I looked in the booklet and this is normal (the person who brought it didn't get what they thought they were getting).

Dose anyone know a device which will able us both to use the same drive at the same time. Or is there a better way?....

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
Re: Mini Network For FCP
on Aug 7, 2012 at 3:17:23 pm

[Craig Fitzsimmons] "Dose anyone know a device which will able us both to use the same drive at the same time."

Yes. It's called "X-SAN". That's Apple's solution. It's probably more expensive than you're willing to pay, and it requires a fair amount of IT knowledge to run.

There are also plenty of other less expensive solutions available. Google is your friend.

Mark

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Mini Network For FCP
on Aug 7, 2012 at 4:22:07 pm

Connect the drive to one machine...then connect the computers via ETHERNET. Enable sharing on the machine with the drive. Share that way.

But be VERY cautious in how you treat/move/name the media. It'll affect how both systems view it. You can get yourself into quite a mess if you aren't careful.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]